Spanish for Teachers Masterclass | Parent – Teacher Communication
We all remember those teachers that made a difference in our youth. YOU are that teacher for your Spanish-Speaking students and their families! By taking this step and enrolling in this Spanish for Teachers Masterclass, YOU are making a difference in the educational partnership between you, your students, and their parents or guardians.
It’s all about baby steps, and taking THIS NEXT STEP in your Spanish language learning journey demonstrates your compassion and your ability to go above and beyond to connect with your Spanish speaking families and add a deeper layer to your relationship with these families.
When you enroll in this course YOU WILL:
- Gain confidence in your Spanish speaking abilities
- Grow in your ability to connect with your Spanish-speaking families
- Have a direct positive impact on the success of your students
- Have an arsenal of relevant and applicable vocabulary, grammar, and expressions you can use the NEXT DAY in class
- Have a greater understanding of how your students and families might feel in and out of the classroom
Being able to communicate with students and families in Spanish helps breaks down barriers and welcomes families into the school and into their child’s education. When families observe you working on your Spanish skills (albeit imperfect), they are less apprehensive about coming to classroom and school events.
Building that relationship where students, teachers and families are all invested in the student’s learning will only have positive impacts on a student’s success.
What are you waiting for? Enroll today to have a greater impact in the educational success of your Spanish speaking students and families.
“En sus marcas, listos, fuera…” Ready, Set, Go…
This Masterclass focuses on learning real-life, relevant Spanish needed in order to communicate with your Spanish speaking parents and guardians throughout the year. The emphasis of this course is to give teachers the communication tools to effectively connect with their Spanish-speaking students, parents, guardians resulting in a stronger educational partnerships and student’s overall success in school.
This Masterclass is a combination of:
- Onlines lessons–> go at your own pace
- Live, super-interactive Spanish lessons where you apply what you learn right away and get your questions answered
- Small group practice within the live lessons
- Downloadable class notes, flashcards, quizzes and application activities
- Join a community of other teachers who are on your same journey. Connect, collaborate, practice and get your Spanish learning questions answered!
These foundational online lessons give you the necessary grammar and vocabulary to communicate in Spanish about the following topics:
- Lesson 1: Culturally appropriate conversations: How to begin a conversation in a culturally appropriate manner
- Lesson 2: Communicating assessment of student’s strengths & areas of improvement
- Lesson 3: How to talk about academic performance, formal and informal assessments
- Lesson 4: Communicating literacy and math progress
- Lesson 5: Communicating ongoing actions – present progressive
- Lesson 6: How to talk about positive and negative behavior characteristics
- Lesson 7: Supporting education and student’s goals at home
- Lesson 8: Answering parent questions and comments
- Lesson 9: Putting it all together
- Lesson 10: Bonus–> Essential phrases for when things go wrong
Who is this course for?:
- This Spanish course is for all teachers that need to quickly learn Spanish to communicate essential topics with parents, guardians, and students.
- Teachers that are willing to open their mouths, make mistakes, focus on progress NOT perfection
- This Spanish course is geared toward the teacher that has a basic knowledge of Spanish and has the motivation and desire to go further